Sunday, April 5, 2009

Frustration, AKA beating on Macs

So the M:\ drive has been a complete waste of everyone's time recently and appears to have a personal glutton for making my life a living pit of death.
Today (because *shock and horror* the M space was down and because macs are too retarded to have a temp drive) I was forced to work off the desktop to do my polished animatic. Well, 3 hours later and I'm thinking of calling it an afternoon and heading off to dinner.
I save my file and quit photoshop, happy with the progress I'd made and what I'd accomplished. My buddy showed up so we could eat together and as I logged off I was hit with the sickening realization of what I'd just done.
I hadn't moved the file from the desktop to any other folder and the desktop is not a D:\ accessable drive. It was gone.

Excuse my french, but CRAP.

So I will not be doing a final animatic for this project. forget it. it is not required and I see no reason to re-expend an additional 3 hours of my life doing something that is not neccessary. My luck and murphy gave me a sound beating.
For the first time in my life I took out my anger physically and there is now a very sorry trashcan lying on its side at Dyson. I have lost many things in my dealings with computers, but none of it equal to three hours of my intense labor.

Hope your day is better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment