Monday, May 18, 2009

Updates from the Nocturnal Realm

Ah yes, the morning. Its around that time that I usually journey to Montgomery to begin my glorious work time. fortunately today i came around 7 and am considering calling it an early night (around 3) because my eyeballs hurt from looking at computer screens all day.
I moved to the cintiq lab after I finished painting weights on my character, touching up the rig on a wheelie chair and finishing my animation as such, and modeling an iPod and headphones for a wind-down from maya. my character rig is practically complete save for the right hip painting and some weirdness with the drivers in the right hand (probably happened when i mirrored the weights, oops).

so now I'm back in FlashLand.

I'll be completely honest with you all... i totally slept through 2 alarms this morning. i had my phone set to go off and i actually do think i consciously turned it off, but obviously that didn't work too well. i slept thru my other alarm. when i finally woke up around noon it was counting up... 5 hours since it should have been turned off. XD
the weird part was that i didn't stay too terribly late at monty. i left around 4, so for all intents and purposes it was a normal sunday. i guess rigging is more intensive than flash? eh, who knows.

I am so ready to be done with anything not maya. not because i dont love 2D, but because Flash and i still haven't learned much about each other, so every step is arduous and more learning than fun. with maya i know enough of the program to make problem solving fun and interesting. i hope one day to feel the same way about flash, but until then... *slog slog slog*

my goal is to finish 3 more scenes tonight. or finish animating 1 scene and complete 2 backgrounds, whichever ends up happening. the best laid plans of mice and men...

No comments:

Post a Comment